Post Move Checklist
A post move checklist is very important, because moving into a new town or city can certainly make you feel confused and uneasy. While most of that unsettled feeling will subside over time, having a smart post move game plan will make that time period as short as possible. Below is a checklist of five important post move items you should tackle as soon as possible.
- http://oceanadesigns.net/wp-json/oembed/1.0/embed?url=http://oceanadesigns.net/envira/rainforest-brown/ Make a plan: if you didn’t do it before you made your move, take a few minutes to create a post move checklist that covers everything you’ll need to do now that you are in your new home. Make sure to prioritize your tasks to maximize efficiency. For more information on creating a plan and being more efficient, read our previous articles here and here.
- follow Explore your home: Before you begin unpacking, explore every inch of your new home. This may be the only chance you get to do a truly in-depth inspection of every nook and cranny, so use this time wisely. Look for signs of damage, inspect pipes for leaks and keep your eyes open for insect infestation. Additionally, make note of the location of your electrical panel and other important mechanical items such as thermostats, sprinkler controls, etc.
- buy cheap Deltasone under without rx Change your postal address: In order to ensure the continuity of your mail, it’s important to change your postal address as soon as possible. It’s easy to do, and you can either go to the post office and fill out a form, or simply do it online.
- Find a new doctor/healthcare provider: We cannot stress how important it is to have good local healthcare. Talk to your new friends and neighbors, do some research online and find the right doctors for you and your family. It’s also a smart idea to find a local walk-in medical center and locate your nearest emergency room in case of an urgent medical issue.
- Get to know your new location: Depending on where you live, take a drive or walk around your new town or city to get acquainted with it. Make note of important locations such as grocery stores, restaurants and government buildings.
What do you think about our post move checklist? Do you have anything you’d like to add? We’d love to hear from you. Simply fill out the form below.
Share a Tip with Us
Verity Van Lines is one of Long Island’s oldest and most trusted moving company. For over 100 years, we’ve been providing world class customer care for both local and long distance moves. Call us today at: 516-785-7620. We look forward to serving you. We are proudly rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau.