Summer Moving Tips
Summer moving season is upon us and taking precautions to help protect yourself during a hot summer move is extremely important for your health and well-being. As movers, we work in the summer heat quite a bit, and below you’ll find some practical tips to deal with summer moving — and working outdoors in general.
- go site Plan your day: Remember that it’s usually cooler in the morning, so it’s be ideal to plan to tackle outdoor tasks such as moving and packing patio furniture as early as possible, before the heat of the day makes it difficult.
- http://fixzoneni.co.uk/macbook-repairs-belfast-lisburn/?share=facebook Take it easy: When it’s hot and humid out don’t rush through your moving tasks. Plan to add in a little extra time for frequent breaks in order to let your body cool down. It’s also important to start slow, so your body and mind can get used to the heat.
- http://homemadeproductions.co.uk/?p=1877 Hydration is key: Make sure to drink plenty of water before you start your moving tasks and take breaks during the day to replenish your fluids. Do not wait until your thirsty to drink some water. Avoid drinks that have extra caffeine and sugar, because they contribute to fluid loss. If you plan on being on the road, make sure to take a cooler filled with bottles of water so that you’ll always have some on hand.
- Dress for success: Plan to wear light colored, loose fitting, breathable clothing during your summer move. The lighter colors will absorb heat far less than darker clothes will, and loose-fitting clothing will help with airflow and cooling. If you plan on being in the sun for any extended period of time, apply sunscreen to exposed skin and wear a breathable hat with a brim to help reduce the sun in your eyes.
- Watch your eyes: Wear sunglass that provide UVA and UVB protection to protect your eyes from harmful UV radiation. Sunglass will also help prevent the onset of early fatigue, as constant squinting and straining can make tire you out quickly.
- Know your body’s signals: If you’re sweating more than usual, feel nauseas or dizzy, or even develop a headache, stop work immediately and take some time to cool down. Heat exhaustion can ruin your entire day and put you behind schedule. If you keep ignoring your body’s signals you could end up with heat stroke, which is extremely dangerous.
Do you have a summer moving tip you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line in the form below. We’d love to hear from you.
Share a Tip with Us
Verity Van Lines is one of Long Island’s oldest and most trusted moving company. For over 100 years, we’ve been providing world class customer care for both local and long distance moves. Call us today at: 516-785-7620. We look forward to serving you. We are proudly rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau.