About the Author
Michael Maffucci is a third generation mover and President of Verity Van Lines, Long Island’s leading moving company. Learn more about him here.
5 Tips for Moving Out of Queens
If you are planning to move out of Queens, New York, to somewhere else in New York or even across the country, being prepared will help reduce stress and make your transition to your new home easier. Below, we’ve outlined five tips to help make your move out of Queens easier.
Follow these 5 Tips for Moving Out of Queens
- Start now: The moment you know you will be moving is the time to begin planning. Do not leave details to the last minute. Develop a comprehensive moving plan as soon as possible. This plan should include important milestones such as move date, finding a mover, closing accounts, decluttering your home if necessary, and much more. For help additional help, read here and here.
- Find the right moving company: Securing the right moving company as soon as possible is one of the best things you can do to make your move easier. Because of the area’s unique geography, make sure to find a mover with a reputation for completing successful moves in and out of Queens. Further, don’t shop on price alone. Low cost doesn’t necessarily translate into savings, and you can be saddled with fees you may not have been expecting.
- Consider hiring a packing service: Many homeowners think packing everything will lead to significant cost savings. And while this is true in many cases, packing yourself can be a stressful and sometimes costly experience. If you lead a busy lifestyle and have demands placed on you by work and family, you may not have the time you think you have to get the job done. Additionally, because you aren’t a packing expert, there is a good chance you may back some belongings the wrong way and suffer damages.
- Prepare your family: If you have children, preparing them for moving is critical to their well-being. Teenagers and young children may experience moving stress more intensely than adults, so doing everything possible to fill them with confidence, love, and support is essential. Help familiarize them with their new hometown by showing them pictures, sharing internet links, and reassuring them that they will be OK. It will make your move out of Queens much easier.
- Take time for yourself: As professional movers, we understand that moving can sometimes overwhelm emotions, even if you plan well in advance. Make sure to take a few moments for yourself to relax and get your mind off the move. Read a book, go for a walk, or go out to dinner; an hour of relaxation will help you clear your mind and focus better once you get back to the task of moving.
We hope this article will help you make your move out of Queens much easier for you and your loved ones. For more great moving tips, see below.
For More Moving Tips, Read These Articles.
About the Author Michael Maffucci is a third generation mover and President of Verity Van Lines, Long Island's leading moving company. Learn more about him here.Five Critically Important Things to Do Before Moving Out of State Moving out of state can be an exciting...
About the Author Michael Maffucci is a third generation mover and President of Verity Van Lines, Long Island's leading moving company. Learn more about him here.Interstate vs. Intrastate Moving: Why Knowing the Difference Matters When it comes to moving, there are two...