About the Author
Michael Maffucci is a third generation mover and President of Verity Van Lines, Long Island’s leading moving company. Learn more about him here.
Five Great Apps to Help You Sell Unwanted Items Before You Move
It’s incredible how much “stuff” can build up in your home over the years, and getting rid of these unwanted items before your move can be a daunting task. Fortunately, there are great apps available to help you get rid of your belongings and make a little money. This article will show you five handy apps to help make the task easier.
- OfferUp is an excellent way for users to buy and sell items directly from their mobile devices. Using the app is quite simple: post a photo of the item, describe its condition, and set your price. Once your item is listed, you’ll be able to speak directly with potential buyers through the app. Best of all, many buyers have profiles so that you can research their trustworthiness. Learn more
- Mercari: This app’s most prominent advantage is that it has one of the largest networks of buyers throughout the country, which sometimes makes getting rid of unique items faster than other apps. It’s easy to use, and you can have items listed quickly. The app can process credit card transactions, making purchasing fast and convenient. Learn more
- Facebook Marketplace is available in both mobile and desktop versions, making selling and monitoring sales easy. Items you list automatically are automatically geo-targeted to buyers in your local area, and you can communicate with buyers through the app. It takes a few more steps than other apps, but its targeted reach can produce excellent results. Learn more (link to app)
- Poshmark: If you have clothing and accessories you want to get rid of, Poshmark is your app. It is specifically designed for those looking to get rid of tops, pants, shoes, and practically anything you find in your closet. It’s easy to use and offers an intuitive interface which makes listing fast and easy. Learn more
- Nextdoor: This highly-rated app is your best bet for selling items locally next to Facebook Marketplace. While more of a wholly local community app featuring news and events, it has a robust buying and selling section that makes local sales easy. Learn more
Before choosing an app, makes sure you do your research and choose the one that best meets your needs. We have provided links in the app descriptions. For more great moving ideas, visit here.
Read the Latest from Our Blog
About the Author Michael Maffucci is a third generation mover and President of Verity Van Lines, Long Island's leading moving company. Learn more about him here.Not All Moving Boxes are the Same. Many of us don't give much thought to the moving boxes we use to pack...
About the Author Michael Maffucci is a third generation mover and President of Verity Van Lines, Long Island's leading moving company. Learn more about him here.Five Great Moving Hacks to Make Moving Easier. Moving is a stressful event that affects both first-time and...