Fall Moving Tips
Are you looking for some great fall moving tips? While summer is prime moving time for many families, fall happens to be one of the better times of year to move. So, if you are planning a fall move — even if it has come up rather unexpectedly — you’re in luck, because you’ll find a fall move has many advantages. If you’re in the planning stages of your move, here’s a few fall moving tips to help you along the way:
- Declutter from summer: You may have a good deal of summer clothing, beach gear, outdoor furniture and toys that are old and worn, and may not make it until next summer. Instead of packing and moving these items, lighten your load and take some time to recycle, donate, discard or sell these items.
- Pack for the season: Pack and label seasonal items together so you can find them more easily when you arrive at your new destination. Also, if there is going to be a big weather or temperature change in your new location, make sure to have the right clothing and gear easily accessible. The last thing you want to do is arrive in your new location and be completely unprepared for the weather.
- If possible, set up your utilities in advance: Nobody wants to move into a chilly home with no heat or electricity! Do your homework and see if you can have all your utilities up and running when you arrive.
- Clear outdoor pathways: Make sure all outdoor pathways that lead to your driveway or to where the moving truck will be are clear of wet leaves, mud, water and other debris. This will make it safer for both you and your mover to get in and out of your home.
- Dress for success: Plan ahead for cool or wet weather and make sure you have comfortable clothes that are matched to the weather. You don’t want to be stuck wearing shorts when it’s 40 degrees and raining!
Do you have a fall moving tip you’d like to share? Please drop us a line at the form below. We’d love to hear from you! For other great moving tips, check here.
Share a Tip with Us
Verity Van Lines is one of Long Island’s oldest and most trusted moving company. For over 100 years, we’ve been providing world class customer care for both local and long distance moves. Call us today at: 516-785-7620. We look forward to serving you. We are proudly rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau.