What you can do with leftover moving boxes.
Leftover moving boxes getting you down? The move is over, everything is unpacked, and you finally have a chance to take a few moments to enjoy your new home. While your sitting on the sofa in your new living room, you’re struck by a sudden thought: “what am I going to do with all these leftover moving boxes?” Relax, there’s no need to worry, we have plenty of great ideas for you to re-use and or/re-purpose all those moving boxes. Below are some of our favorites:
- Pay it forward: There are plenty of people in your area who are in the process of moving, and those leftover moving boxes could be a lifesaver for them. Consider putting an ad on your local community board or Craigslist offering moving boxes to anyone who is willing to pick them up. Before you know it, someone will come pick them up and take them away. Problem solved.
- Recycling: Since most moving boxes are made out of recyclable material, it’s easy to prepare them for your weekly recycling pickup. Simply flatten each box individually, stack them together and tie them with twine and take them to the curb on recycling day. You can also take them to a recycling facility if you don’t want to wait.
- Use them for storage: If you are planning to store items in your attic or basement, why not use those leftover moving boxes to organize your storage? Hand-me-downs, dishes, silverware, toys and other items can be kept clean and organized moving boxes; just make sure to label each box with its contents.
- Donate them: Many times, schools, charitable organizations and churches have a need for moving boxes, and there’s no better way to make a good impression in your new community by donating the boxes to a worthy institution or cause.
- Use your imagination: If you have young children, we’re sure they will appreciate the giant fort you can build with those leftover boxes. Another great idea is to create a maze out of them.
Do you have any ideas you’d like to share with us? Please send them by using the form below, and we’ll post them on our blog.
Want to ask us a question or share a useful tip? Use the form below:
[contact-form-7 id=”1314″ title=”Blog Comment Form”]
Verity Van Lines is the best Long Island mover with over 100 years of experience in both local and long distance moves. We also offer a full range of storage options and packing supplies.