About the Author
Michael Maffucci is a third generation mover and President of Verity Van Lines, Long Island’s leading moving company. Learn more about him here.
Moving Requires Teamwork
Ask any moving company and they will tell you that a stress-free, easy move requires both the mover and homeowner to work together. Hiring a reputable mover is the first step to a successful move, but there are many things you can do to help make the move go smoothly. Here are some tips:
- Be available: You or a representee who can make important decisions for you should be on location or easily reachable on moving day. Being available to answer critical questions, sign paperwork and perform other tasks the mover may need is vital to a smooth moving experience.
- Keep lanes clear: You may have done an excellent job packing and everything is organized and labeled, but if your movers cannot navigate through your home efficiently, the move may become unnecessarily time-consuming. Spend some time making sure the movers have clear lanes to get in, out and through your home. The more time they spend moving things out of the way, the longer the move will take.
- Be a tour guide: Give your moving representative a complete tour of your home. This includes pointing out items that may need special care. Be sure to inform your mover about potential hazards such as dark basements and crawlspaces. Finally, point out all your home’s exits and entrances. This will give the moving team options to increase efficiency.
- Stay out of the way: While it is important to be available, it is equally important to stay out of the way once the moving process begins. Children, pets, and other family members should ideally be offsite. If that is not possible, do everything you can to prevent them from interfering with the process.
- Don’t forget the final walkthrough: Spend a few minutes with your mover and do a final walkthrough of your home to ensure that everything has been placed in the moving truck.
Being a good “teammate” will pay large dividends toward a successful move. If you have any questions about how you can help make your move easier, ask your mover. They’ll be glad to help!
For more tips on how what you can do to have a successful move, click here.
Read the Latest from Our Blog
About the Author Michael Maffucci is a third generation mover and President of Verity Van Lines, Long Island's leading moving company. Learn more about him here.Five Summer Moving Tips Moving during the summer is ideal for numerous reasons: the kids are out of school,...
About the Author Michael Maffucci is a third generation mover and President of Verity Van Lines, Long Island's leading moving company. Learn more about him here.Five Great Apps to Help You Sell Unwanted Items Before You Move It’s incredible how much “stuff” can build...