5 Questions to Ask a Potential Mover
Evaluating a potential mover thoroughly before you make your final decision just as important and the move itself. After all, the moving company you choose is the one who will be responsible for moving your belongings across town or across the country. When interviewing perspective movers, having a list of questions prepared before your meeting can go a long way towards making sure you have the right information to make an informed decision.
5 key questions to ask a potential mover:
- prescription drug neurontin 600 mg How long have you been in business? Longevity usually means the company has built a reputation for quality and service. That being said, ask if the company has had any other names before their current name and ask why they changed names. Sometimes you may uncover a warning sign, and many unscrupulous companies simply change their name.
- http://adkbrothersltd.com/product-category/country/france-wine/ May I see your DOT number? It’s important to establish credibility by asking the mover to produce their DOT (Department of Transportation) license number. This means the mover is registered with the department, and in good standing.
- http://lstyle.sk/nase-sluzby/laserova-dermatologia/odstranovanie-cievok/ Will you do an in-home estimate? Be very careful of any mover who is not interested in doing a thorough in-home estimate. The only way for a moving company to accurately determine the cost of the move is by doing a hands-on, on-site estimate.
- Do you have Worker’s Compensation Insurance? Any reputable mover that cares about their employees and their customers will have worker’s compensation insurance. This protects employees, employers and homewoners alike, and is a critical part of any mover’s business plan. If they don’t have worker’s compensation, or if their policy is expired, move on. You don’t want to end up being liable for an injury. Read more here.
- How will you protect my home and my belongings from damage? Let the mover offer you a detailed explanation for protecting your home and belongings during the move.
This is just a starting point. For more information on choosing the right mover, read this important article here.
Share a Tip with Us
Verity Van Lines is one of Long Island’s oldest and most trusted moving company. For over 100 years, we’ve been providing world class customer care for both local and long distance moves. Call us today at: 516-785-7620. We look forward to serving you. We are proudly rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau.