About the Author
Michael Maffucci is a third generation mover and President of Verity Van Lines, Long Island’s leading moving company. Learn more about him here.
Where to Donate Goods if You’re Moving out of Queens
If you’re planning on moving out of Queens in 2024, one of the best things to do to prepare is to declutter your home or apartment. Removing unwanted clothing, furniture, toys, kitchen appliances, and tools will make packing easier and help reduce overall moving costs.
One great way to declutter and do good simultaneously is to donate unwanted items to organizations helping the less fortunate. Queens has a wealth of donation centers that take a wide variety of items, many of which offer pickup services.
Here is a small list of donation services in Queens to get you started on decluttering your home.
- New York Cares: With winter in full swing, New York Cares is currently running its 35th annual coat drive. With numerous donation sites throughout Queens, it’s never been easier to donate unwanted coats, gloves, and other articles of clothing. Learn more here.
- Bayside Thrift Shop: A fixture in Queens and part of the Donate NYC network, the Bayside Thrift Shop takes a wide variety of donations, from clothes, books, and computers to cookware and many more items. To learn more, click here.
- The Salvation Army: Established in 1865 and with numerous locations throughout Queens, The Salvation Army is a trusted source for donating unwanted goods. Learn more here.
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore: Located conveniently on Northern Boulevard, ReStore is an ideal place for furniture, kitchen appliances, and other home goods. Best of all, you can schedule a pickup! Learn more here.
- The Worthy Pause: Located in Bayside and focused on helping abandoned and injured Animals, this charity accepts a wide variety of goods, including toys, decorative items, and much more. Learn more here.
The list above is just a tiny sampling of your available donation opportunities in Queens. Many other options exist, and with a l little research, you can find a charity that suits you best.
But suppose you are pressed for time and have furniture or other large items that you mus remove before moving. In that case, many reputable moving companies offer furniture removal services. This is a very convenient option, as they will come to your home, do all the heavy lifting, and donate items to the charity of your choice.
Decluttering your Queens home before your move is a great way to save on moving costs and do good at the same time. And if you plan on moving in 2024, now is a great time to start preparing.
For More Moving Tips, Read These Articles.
About the Author Michael Maffucci is a third generation mover and President of Verity Van Lines, Long Island's leading moving company. Learn more about him here.Avoid These 5 Long-Distance Moving Mistakes A long-distance move is a big undertaking, and moving your...
About the Author Michael Maffucci is a third generation mover and President of Verity Van Lines, Long Island's leading moving company. Learn more about him here.5 Tips for Moving Out of Queens If you are planning to move out of Queens, New York, to somewhere else in...