Moving During Corona Virus
The Corona Virus (aka COVID-19) is a genuine health risk to those who are elderly or physically compromised. When moving during this pandemic, you must take steps to ensure the safety of you and your family, the moving company, and the general public. Below are five tips that will help you safely move during the Corona Virus outbreak:
- Buy more packing materials than you think you may need: The last thing you want to do is increase your exposure to the virus. Numerous last-minute trips to the store to purchase packing supplies not only wastes time, but it could also put you at risk.
- Wash your hands regularly: Make sure to wash your hands thoroughly after returning from purchasing packing goods, or whenever you’ve had personal interactions with moving company staff, neighbors, etc.
- Donate safely: If you plan on donating goods, make sure you check the charity’s COVID regulations. Most reputable non-profits will have their rules listed on their website. If you have any questions or concerns, call and speak to someone.
- Talk to your mover: A good moving company will have a comprehensive safety plan in place. Avoid companies that do not have a plan. Don’t be afraid to ask questions and make sure you feel comfortable with the company you choose.
- Take care of yourself: The pandemic has made many tasks more stressful and time-consuming. Be sure to budget extra time for your move, and most of all, take time to take care of yourself.
If you have any questions or concerns about moving during the Corona Virus outbreak, please feel free to call us at 516-785-7620. For more Corona Virus answers, visit here.