Frequently asked questions.
When it comes to moving the more you know, the better off you are.
Whether your move is local or long distance, simple or complex, it’s always best to be an educated consumer. Based on our years of experience, we’ve come up with a series of frequently asked questions to assist you in organizing and planning your next move.
We know that each move has unique aspects and every customer will have questions not covered here. Verity welcomes all your questions and concerns, so please feel free to contact us with any concerns we haven’t addressed here. Unlike large national franchises who are slow to react, Verity is a privately owned company that stands ready to quickly address your concerns.
Finally, if you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to call us. We’re here to help.
How do I know I selected the right mover?
How can I be sure I have an accurate estimate?
Will I be charged for packing?
How do I pay for my move?
What is not covered for damage?
- Documents, currency, jewelry, precious stones, furs and articles of extraordinary value, unless specifically listed on the Bill of Lading prior to moving.
- Loss or damage due to breakage of china, glassware or similar fragile items, unless packed and unpacked by the carrier or unless visible exterior damage is done to the containers and documented on delivery.
- Mechanical operating condition of appliances and electronics.
- Missing items not inventoried specifically by the driver and documented as missing on delivery, and items previously broken, repaired or glued.
- Damage to items not documented on delivery.
How does Verity protect my furniture during the move?
If there are problems how to I file a claim?
How far in advance do I need to schedule my moving date?
While we can accommodate most any timeframe, two weeks notice with a firm move date is ideal. If you have a short timeframe please call us and we will do everything we can to make sure your move goes smooth as stress free as possible.
Are there any items I should not ship?
How do I keep communications open on moving day?
Questions? Call us today.
Monday – Friday
7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m