Color Coded Moving BoxesColor coded moving boxes can save you a lot of time during your move. On this blog, we are constantly stressing the importance of being as organized as possible when preparing for a move. Today we’ll look at an organization technique that we find to be very helpful — using color-coded labels on your moving boxes. Using color coded moving boxes makes both packing and unpacking much easier, which will help increase efficiency, and hopefully reduce stress. It may take a bit more time up front to use these technique, but it will more than pay for itself when moving day comes. Here’s what to do:
- Find the largest colorful stickers/labels you can find. Larger is better, because they will be much easier to spot.
- Assign each room in your home a color, and make sure to create a key so everyone involved understands the color-coding scheme.
- As you pack, each box should get at least five stickers (top plus all four sides).
- Color-code according to the final destination: for example, if you pack up some photos that were in a bedroom, but will now be going into the family room, use the family room colored sticker.
- On moving day, make sure to post copies of your master key throughout your home, and make sure to put the properly coded stickers in each room.
Verity Van Lines is Long Island’s most trust moving company with over 100 years of experience in both local and long distance moves. We also offer a full range of storage options and packing supplies.