Five Packing Secrets
Are you looking for 5 packing secrets? Well, read on!
Packing for a move is one of the most exhausting and time-consuming parts of the moving process. Worse still, if you don’t know how to go about packing, you’ll find yourself frustrated, exhausted and constantly behind schedule.
As a mover with over 100 years of packing experience, we’ve amassed a great deal of knowledge that we’d like to share with you. We’ve outlined five packing secrets that will make packing your home easier, more efficient and a lot more stress free.
- Packing Secret 1 — Start Now: We cannot stress enough how important it is to start the packing process immediately. As soon as your move is confirmed you should start planning who will pack up your belongings, where you should start packing and where you should secure supplies.
- Packing Secret 2 — Start in Your Storage Areas: One of the keys to an efficient packing job is knowing where to start. And starting in storage areas such the garage, attic and basement may seem daunting because of the amount of “stuff” you’ve amassed — but you should start here. Think about this: packing the biggest and toughest rooms first, while you have the energy and enthusiasm, will make smaller rooms seem easier and less challenging as time goes by.
- Packing Secret 3 — Pack Only What You Need: Analyze your belongings and decide whether you’re taking them or not. Moving into a new home is a golden opportunity to ‘clean house’ in order to make the packing task more efficient than ever — if you don’t need or want it, get rid of it!
- Packing Secret 4 — Have a Sale: Now that you’ve decided what you don’t need or want anymore, consider having a garage sale to get rid of your unwanted items. What you make during this sale can help defray some of the cost of moving.
- Packing Secret 5 — Hire a Packing Service: Most people think hiring a packing service is an unnecessary waste of money — but this is the furthest thing from the truth. May highly reputable moving companies offer top-flight packing services that are both cost effective incredibly efficient. Better still, they can make moving far less stressful — and you can’t put a price on that.
Do you have any packing tips you’d like to share? Drop us a line in the form below. We’d love to hear from you!
Share a Tip with Us
Verity Van Lines is one of Long Island’s oldest and most trusted moving company. For over 100 years, we’ve been providing world class customer care for both local and long distance moves. Call us today at: 516-785-7620. We look forward to serving you. We are proudly rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau.